Received 10 November 2017
The task of signaling entities detection in the road scene images is considered, and algorithms for its solution on the base of the geometrized histogram method are suggested. Principles of software complex on the base of presented algorithms are described. Application for definition of external dimensions zones and speed-slackening signals of surrounding automobiles during robotic car roading is reviewed. Developed methods' implementation for detection of helicopters' warning lights is proposed.
Image segmentation, image-understanding systems, video sequence analysis, road scene analysis, autonomous robot navigation.
Kiy, K. (2018). Computer vision algorithms for signaling entities analysis at road scene. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 1(18), pp.26-33.
- Waymo. (n.d.). We're building the world's most experienced driver. [online] Available at: https://www.google.com/selfdrivingcar/ [Accessed 28 Dec. 2017]
- Kiy, K. (2010). A new real-time method for description and generalized segmentation of color images. Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, 20(2), pp.169-178.
- Kiy, K. (2015). Segmentation and detection of contrast objects and their application in robot navigation. Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, 25(2), pp.338-346.
- Kiy, K. (2015). A New Real-Time Method of Contextual Image Description and Its Application in Robot Navigation and Intelligent Control. Computer Vision in Control Systems-2, 75(5), pp.109-133.
- Kiy, K. (n.d.). Moyo video [My video]. [online] Video.mail.ru. Available at: http://video.mail.ru/mail/kikip_46/_myvideo/ [Accessed 28 Dec. 2017].
- Kiy, K. (2016). Sistema kompleksnogo analiza dorozhnoy stseny dlya navigatsii avtonomnogo robota na doroge [System of complex analysis of road scene for autonomous robot navigation on the road]. In: Trudy mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii «Ekstremal'naya robototekhnika ER-2016» [Proceedings of International Scientific and Technical Conference on Extreme Robotics - ER-2016].
- Hedau, V., Arora, H. and Ahuja, N. (2008). Matching images under unstable segmentation results. In: Proceedings of Int. IEEE Conf. on Comp. Vis. CVPR'2008. pp.1614-1628.
- Kiy, K. (n.d.). Adjacency graphs for contrast objects – global scene understanding, and their application in robot navigation. Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, in press.