Alexey V. Kozov
Maria V. Melnikova
Received February 6, 2023
This paper discusses the features of methods used to synthesize a discrete-event supervisor for a group control system of mobile robots. We consider the upper levels of a group control system as a discrete-event system. Supervisor synthesis methods for such a system and the evaluation of their computational complexity are presented. The paper highlights the limitations of the best method in terms of computational complexity and proposes a modification that allows to remove these limitations without increasing the computational complexity. The application of the modified method is demonstrated on the example of synthesizing a supervisor for the group action of a firefighting operation by three robots.
Control system, mobile robot, discrete-event system, supervisory control theory, supervisor, specification, firefighting operation.
Kozov, A.V. and Melnikova, M.V. (2023). Application of supervisor synthesis methods in designing a discrete-event group control system for mobile robots. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 11(2), pp. 110-117.
- Tachkov, A.A. (2019), “Analysis of group control methods in robotic systems”, Fundamental'no-prikladnyye problemy bezopasnosti, zhivuchesti, nadozhnosti, ustoychivosti i effektivnosti system [Fundamental and applied problems of safety, survivability, reliability, stability and efficiency of systems], Yelets, Russia, pp. 401-404. (in Russian).
- Gorodetskiy, V.I. et al. (2009), “Applied multi-agent group control systems”, Iskusstvennyy intellekt i prinyatiye resheniy [Artificial intelligence and decision making], no. 2, pp. 3-24. (in Russian).
- Beloglazov, D.A. et al. (2015), Gruppovoye upravleniye podvizhnymi ob"yektami v neopredelonnykh sredakh [Group control of moving objects in uncertain environments], FIZMATLIT, Moscow, Russia. (in Russian).
- Vlasov, K.S., Tachkov, A.A. and Danilov, M.M. (2020), “Tactics of group application of ground-based robotic systems for extinguishing fires in tank farms”, Pozharnaya bezopasnost', 2(99), 28-35, DOI 10.37657/vniipo.2020.99.2.002. (in Russian).
- Tachkov, A.A., Kozov, A.V. and Pankov, S.E. (2018), “Translator of a tactical task into a Petri net for a group of ground-based robotic complexe”, Programmnye produkty i sistemy, 31, 4. pp. 728-733. (in Russian).
- Kozov, A.V. (2020), “Dynamic reconfiguration of the control system of mobile robots when performing a group action”, Extreme Robotics, St. Petersburg, Russia, pp. 78-83. (in Russian).
- Volosatova, T.M., Kozov, A.V. and Tachkov, A.A. (2020), “The control system for a group of mobile robots from the perspectives of automated designing”, Informatsionnyye tekhnologii, Moscow, pp. 274-282, DOI 10.17587/it.26.274-282 (in Russian).
- Wonham, W.M. and Cai K. Supervisory (2018), “Control of Discrete-Event Systems”, Cham: Springer, pp. 502, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-77452-7.
- Ambarcumyan, A.A. (2009). “Supervisory control of structured dynamic discrete-event systems”, Automation and Remote Control, vol. 8, pp. 156-176, DOI 10.1134/S000511790908013X.
- Wonham, W.M., Cai, K. and Rudie, K. (2018), “Supervisory Control of Discrete-Event Systems: A Brief History”, Annual Reviews in Control, 45, pp. 250-256, DOI 10.1016/j.arcontrol.2018.03.002.
- Ramadge, P.J. and Wonham, W.M. (1987), “Supervisory Control of a Class of Discrete Event Processes”, SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 206-230, DOI 10.1137/0325013.
- Zaytoon, J. and Riera, B. (2017), “Synthesis and Implementation of Logic Controllers – A Review”, Annual Reviews in Control, vol. 43, pp. 152-168, DOI 10.1016/j.arcontrol.2017.03.004.
- Wonham, W.M. and Ramadge, P.J. (1986), “Modular Supervisory Control of Discrete-Event Systems”, Mathematics of Control, Signals and Systems, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 13-30.
- Ambarcumyan, A.A. (2012). “Network-centric Control Based on Petri Nets in the Structured Discrete-Event System”, Automation and Remote Control, vol. 73, 7, pp. 1227-1241. DOI 10.1134/S0005117912070120.
- Ambarcumyan, A.A. and Tomilin, E.E. (2010), “Supervisor Direct Synthesis Method for a Structured Discrete Dynamical System”, Automation and Remote Control, vol. 71, 8, pp. 1661-1679, DOI 10.1134/S000511791008014X.
- Ambarcumyan, A.A. (2011). “Modeling and synthesis of supervisory control on Petri nets for dispersed objects. I. Interaction Mechanism and the Basic Method”, Automation and Remote Control, vol. 72, 8, pp. 1718-1734. DOI 10.1134/S0005117911080091.
- Ambarcumyan, A.A. (2011), “Modeling and Synthesis for Supervisory Control on Petri Nets for Distributed Objects. II. A Supervisor Synthesis Method for a Set of General Form Sequences”, Automation and Remote Control, vol. 72, 9, pp. 1951-1966, DOI 10.1134/S0005117911090165.
- Ambarcumyan, A.A. (2012), “Group control in discrete-event systems”, Problemy upravleniya, 5. 46-53. (in Russian).