Ivan A. Rodin *
Ivan A. Vasilyev
Received 18 February 2019
The accuracy of the positioning of the actuation mechanism is a defining characteristic for handling robots. Manipulators, as spatial structures, have elasticities in their joints and links and, on this basis, have their own natural frequencies. In their various configurations, that is, at different values of the generalized coordinates, these natural frequencies may vary. The article is devoted to the study of the dependence of the natural frequencies on the current configurations of the manipulator. This article presents the thesis method for calculating the natural frequencies of the five-link manipulator, formula expressions of generalized forces, total kinetic energy and the resulting natural frequencies for the formula expression of those properties of the mechanism, based on the value of which the natural frequency is determined. The article also describes the graphical representations of the resulting frequencies when the manipulator changes its configuration over time and describes their dependencies based on the analysis of the mentioned formula and graphical representations. In conclusion the article presents a thesis expression of the dependence of the natural frequencies of the manipulator on its configuration and design features.
Robot, manipulator, oscillations, elasticity, natural frequency.
Rodin, I. and Vasilyev, I. (2019). Studying of elastic oscillations’ natural frequencies of manipulators in case of their reconfiguration. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 7(1), pp.29-33.
- Basiniuk, U. (2016). Influence of free oscillations on positional accuracy of mechatronic systems. Aktual'nye Voprosy Mashinovedeniya [Topical Issues of Engineering Science], [online] 5, pp.119-122. Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29305422& [Accessed 2 Nov. 2018]. (In Russ.).
- Zinkevich, S. and Yushchenko, A. (2004). Osnovy upravleniya manipulyatsionnymi robot-ami: uchebnik dlya vuzov [Basics of Manipulating Robots Management: Textbook for Universi-ties]. In: S. Zinkevich and A. Yushchenko, ed., Robototekhnika [Robotics], 2nd ed. Moscow: N. E. Bauman Moscow State Technical University, p.480. (In Russ.).
- Kolovskiy, M. and Slousch, A. (1988). Osnovy Dinamiki Promyshlennykh Robotov. Nauchnye Osnovy Robototekhniki, 15 [ Fundamentals of the Dynamics of Industrial Robots. Scientific Fundamentals of Robotics Series, vol. 15]. Moscow: Nauka Publ., p.240. (In Russ.).
- Fu, K., Gonzalez, R. and Lee, C. (1989). Robototehnika [Robotics]. Moscow: Mir, p.624. (In Russ.).
- Shamutdinov, A., Balakin, P. and Koltsov, A. (2013). A spatial mechanism-based manipulator. Bulletin of Ufa State Aviation Technical University, [online] 17(8), pp.69-78. Available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/manipulyator-na-osnove-prostranstvennogo-mehanizma [Ac-cessed 15 Nov. 2018]. (In Russ.).
- Babakov, I. (1968). Teoriya kolebanii [Theory of Oscillations]. Moscow: Nauka Publ., p.560. (In Russ.).
- Shamutdinov, A. and Leonov, D. (2018). Issledovanie zhestkosti i sobstvennykh chastot kolebanii platformy manipulyatora [Research of rigidity and natural frequencies of oscillations of the manipulator platform]. Forum molodykh uchenykh [Forum of Young Scientists], 10(26). (In Russ.).