Received 17 November 2017
The development of effective multirobot systems (MS) for search and rescue of people in distress at sea is the urgent goal especially in Arctic conditions, which complicate the search and saving of people due to hydrometeorological and ice conditions, and low-temperature factors. The active development and usage of UUV, unmanned surface vehicle (USV) and unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) in extreme conditions also show the prospectivity of introduction of marine robot systems (MRS) for solving the problems of searching and rescuing of people in Arctic conditions. The main aims for the development of sea rescue robotics are the following: effectiveness improvement, functional capabilities broadening, safeguarding of aerial vehicles' (AV) crew activity, off-shore facilities (OF), vessels and rescuers during their underwater technical works, salvage operations and prospecting works. According to the analysis the most perspective conception of innovative robot development works for searching and rescuing in Arctic conditions are the following: air-dropped MRS, integrated into the staff of airborne and marine search and rescue complexes, for example, based on IL-76-MDPS. This conception also provides the development of brand new multirobot rescue systems based on air-dropped or descent module of marine unmanned life-saver, which is upgraded amphibian with rotary-screw motor.
Arctic Region, robotic systems, сoncept of innovative development of robotic systems, search and rescue complexes.
Lopota, A. and Shubin, P. (2018). Conceptual development issues of robotic systems for search and rescue of people in distress in Arctic conditions. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 1(18), pp.3-9.
- Aleksandrov, M. (1983). Bezopasnost' cheloveka na more [Human Safety at Sea]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie Publ.
- Shubin, P. (2003). Problema vnedreniya bezlyudnykh tekhnologiy na morskie ob"ekty [Problem of implementation of unmanned machinning at off-shore facilities]. In: Materialy XIII nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii Ekstremal'naya robototekhnika [Proceedings of XIII Scientific and Technical Conference on Extreme Robotics].
- Shubin, P. (2011). Povyshenie bezopasnosti energonasyshchennykh ob"ektov VMF sredstvami robototekhniki [Safety improving for energy-packed Navy objects by the means of robotics: ]. In: Trudy XIV Vseross. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Ekstremal'naya robototekhnika». Tom 5: Aktual'nye problemy zashchity i bezopasnosti [Proceedings of All-Russian Science and Technical Conference for Extreme Robotics. Volume 5: Current problems of safety and security]. pp.127-138.
- Lopota, A. and Shubin, P. (2014). Perspektivy razvitiya innovatsionnykh robototekhnicheskikh sredstv dlya poiska i spasaniya na more [Perspectives for development of innovative robotic tools for search and rescue at sea]. Voprosy oboronnoy tekhniki. Seriya 16: Tekhnicheskie sredstva protivodeystviya terrorizmu - Enginery Problems Scientific and Technical Journal. Series 16. Anti-Terrorist Engineering Means, 5-6, pp.139-149.
- Ageev, M. and et. al, (2005). Avtonomnye podvodnye roboty. Sistemy i tekhnologii [Unmanned underwater vehicles. Systems and technologies]. 1st ed. Moscow: Nauka, p.398.
- Roboting.ru. (2008). ASW USV - robokater idet na sluzhbu [Robotic boat comes to service]. [online] Available at: http://roboting.ru/23-asw-usv-robo-kater-idet-na-sluzhbu.html [Accessed 28 Dec. 2017].
- Lopota, V. and Yurevich, E. (2003). O putyakh resheniya nekotorykh strategicheskikh problem voennoy tekhniki [Ways of solutions of some strategic issues for military technology]. Voprosy oboronnoy tekhniki. Seriya: Tekhnicheskie sredstva protivodeystviya terrorizmu - Enginery Problems Scientific and Technical Journal. Series: Anti-Terrorist Engineering Means, 9-10, pp.7-9.
- Talikov, N. (2003). Samolet Il-76 i ego transportnye modifikatsii [Aeroplane IL-76 and its transport model types]. Aviatsiya i kosmonavtika [Aviation and Cosmonautics], 4.