Evgeniy G. Abdrazakov
Victor P. Andreev
Received 24 November 2020
The article is devoted to the development of a full-featured power supply module with an integrated communication channel over the power supply lines. The module is intended to perform the energy function of a mobile robot (MR), namely, to provide power to all electronic and mechatronic units of mobile robots with modular architecture. In contrast to the power supply unit for robots with mono-block architecture, in this case, the module power supply node must be made in the form of a full-featured module, i.e. meet a number of special requirements: 1 - structurally it must be made as a separate module, easily included in the design of the modular robot and possess the ability to quickly build up its power; 2 - the control system must monitor the state of the battery and power consumption of each of the MR’s modules, to manage the process of switching them off / on; 3 - to have an information communication channel with all MR’s modules for dynamic control of the power supply to each of the modules, including the supervisor module for subsequent transfer power status parameters to the operator of the MR by the radio channel. As a part of the solution of the problem the concept of sub-module principle of organizing the structure of the power supply module of modular mobile robot was developed, battery power submodule and submodule decoder based on PLC modem using DC-PLC technology (Direct Current Power Line Communication), which provides the formation of an intermodular information communication channel over the power supply lines, were designed and manufactured.
Mobile robot, modular robot, power system, control system, communication channel.
This research was financially supported by The Russian Foundation for Basic Research: grant 19-07-00892a «De-velopment of distributed modular architecture with hierarchical topology of robotic information-measuring and control system for computing processes parallelization and intellectualization, rapid reconfiguration and remote dynamical reprogramming».
Abdrazakov, E. and Andreev, V, 2021. Power supply of a modular mobile robot in combination with a communication channel over power supply lines. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 9(1), pp.72-80.
- Andreev, V.P., Kim, V.L. and Pletenev, P.F., 2017. The Principle of the full functionality of modules in heterogeneous modular mobile robots. Proceedings of the International Scientific and Technical Conference Extreme Robotics, 1, pp.81-86.
- Andreev, V.P. and Kim, V.L., 2016. Development of Functional Units of a Heterogeneous Modular Mobile Robot. In: Extreme robotics, Proceedings of the International Scientific and Technical Conference. St. Petersburg: AP4Print, pp.359-363.
- Andreev, V.P. and Poduraev, Y.V., 2016. Functional-modular design of heterogeneous mobile robotic systems. In: Extreme robotics. Proceedings of the International Scientific and Technical Conference. St. Petersburg: AP4Print, pp.39-44.
- Brovka, N., 2006. Sistemy kontrolya litii-ionnykh i litii-polimernykh akkumulyatornykh batarei [Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer Battery Monitoring Systems]. Komponenty i Tekhnologii, 10, pp.104-107. (in Russian).
- Abdrazakov, E.G. and Andreev, V.P., 2020. Razrabotka sistemy energoobespecheniya s kommunikatsionnym kanalom dlya mobil'nogo robota s modul'noi arkhitekturoi [Development of a power supply system with a communication channel for a mobile robot with modular architecture]. In: Materialy studencheskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii «Avtomatizatsiya i informatsionnye tekhnologii (AIT-2020)». Tom 4: Sbornik dokladov instituta avtomatizatsii i robototekhniki [Proceedings of the Student Scientific and Practical Conference on Automation and Information Technologies. Volume 4: Collection of Reports of the Institute of Automation and Robotics]. M.: MSUT «STANKIN», pp.181-184. (in Russian).
- Pletenev, P.F., 2020. Upravlenie pitaniem v modul'nom mobil'nom robote [Power control in a modular mobile robot]. Available at: <https://asmfreak.github.io/modular_robots_rfc/3/УПММР/> [Accessed 13 March 2020]. (in Russian).
- Ferreira, C.H., Henricus, M.G., Hooijen, O. and Vinck, J., 1999. Power Line Communication. In: Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Pp.706-716. DOI: 10.1002/047134608X.W2004, ISBN: 9780471346081.