Sergey V. Ulyanov
Daria P. Zrelova
Andrey V. Shevchenko
Alla A. Shevchenko
Received October 5, 2022
In the first part of the article, a system for assessing operator emotions using deep machine learning based on soft computing and designing a cognitive control system was discussed. This work develops the approach of cognitive intelligent control, describing the strategy for designing intelligent cognitive control systems based on quantum and soft computing. The synergetic effect of quantum self-organization of the knowledge base, extracted from non-robust knowledge bases of an intelligent fuzzy controller, is demonstrated. The information-thermodynamic law of quantum self-organization of the optimal distribution of the basic qualities of control (stability, controllability and robustness) and the law of quantum information thermodynamics on the possibility of extracting additional useful work based on the extracted quantum information hidden in classical states are applied. Formed (without violating the second law of quantum thermodynamics) on the basis of the extracted amount of hidden quantum information, the «thermodynamic» control force allows the robot (as a control object) to perform quantitatively more useful work compared to the amount of work expended (on extracting quantum hidden information). The guaranteed achievement of the goal of controlling the robot is carried out on the basis of the designed intelligent cognitive control system using the tools of the QCOptKBTM quantum knowledge base optimizer, the structure of which includes quantum fuzzy inference (QFI). The quantum algorithm for self-organization of non-robust knowledge bases of QFI structurally relies on synergistic effects from hidden quantum information to implement the implementation of the optimal distribution of control qualities. This technology makes it possible to increase the reliability of intelligent cognitive control systems in situations of control under conditions of danger, described using a cognitive neural interface and various types of interaction with robots. The examples have demonstrated the effectiveness of introducing the QFI scheme as a ready-made programmable algorithmic solution for embedded intelligent control systems. The possibility of using a neural interface based on a cognitive helmet with a quantum fuzzy controller to control a vehicle is shown.
Quantum fuzzy inference, fuzzy logic, cognitive control system, information-thermodynamic law, hidden quantum information.
Ulyanov, S.V., Zrelova, D.P., Shevchenko, A.V. and Shevchenko, A.A. (2023). Cognitive intellignet control. Pt. 2: Quantum fuzzy inference algorithm in intelligent cognitive robotics. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 11(2), pp. 133-146.
- Litvintseva, L.V., Ulyanov, S.V. and Ulyanov, S.S. (2006), “Design of robust knowledge bases of fuzzy controllers for intelligent control of substantially nonlinear dynamic systems: II A soft computing optimizer and robustness of intelligent control systems”, Journal of Computer and System Sciences International, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 744-771.
- Litvintseva, L.V., Takahashi, K. and Ulyanov, S.V. (2004), “Intelligent robust control design based on new types of computation”, Note del Polo Ricerca, vol. 60, University degli Studi di Milano (Polo Didattico e di Ricerca di Crema) Publ., Milan, Italy.
- Ulyanov, S.V. and Reshetnikov, A.G. (2013), “Intelligent Robust Robotic Controllers: SW & HW Toolkit of Applied Quantum Soft Computing”, Computer Science Journal of Moldova, vol. 21, no. 3(63).
- Ulyanov, S.V. (2014), Self-organizing quantum robust control methods and systems for situations with uncertainty and risk, US 8788450 B2.
- Petrov, B.N., Gol'denblat, I.I. and Ul'yanov, S.V. (1978), Teoriya modelej processov upravleniya: Informacionno-termodinamicheskie aspekty [Theory of models of control processes: Information and thermodynamic aspects], Nauka, Moscow, Russia. (in Russian).
- Ulyanov, S.V. (2021), “Quantum Algorithm of Imperfect KB Self-organization Pt I: Smart Control-Information-Thermodynamic Bounds”, Artificial Intelligence Advances, 3, no. 2, pp. 13-36, DOI: https://doi.org/10.30564/aia.v3i2.3171
- Ulyanov, S.V. (2022), Intelligent cognitive robotics. Vol. 2: Quantum self-organization of imperfect knowledge bases: quantum intelligent force control and information thermodynamic law of extracted informed useful work, Kurs, Moscow, Russia.
- Ulyanov, S.V. (2023), System and method for control using quantum soft computing: 09/625,609, US Patent No 6,578,018 B1, Int. Cl.7 G06F 15/18.
- Litvintseva, L.V. and Ulyanov, S.V. (2007), “Quantum fuzzy inference for knowledge base design in robust intelligent controllers”, of Computer and Systems Sciences Intern, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 908-961.
- Ulyanov, S.V. (2012), Information Design Technology of Robust Integrated Fuzzy Intelligent Control Systems based on Unconventional Computational Intelligence: Quantum Control Algorithm of Robust KB Self-Organization, [Online], available at: http://qcoptimizer.com/technology/Technology.pdf (Accessed September 10, 2022).
- Ulyanov, S.V. et al. (2015), Tekhnologii intellektualnyh vychislenyi: Kvantovie vichislenia I programmirovanie v samoogranizuyushihsa intellektualnih sistemah upravlniya – Uchebno-metodicheskoe posobie [Intelligent Computing Technologies: Quantum Computing and Programming in Self-Organizing Intelligent Control Systems: Study Guide], JINR, Dubna, Russia. (in Russian).
- Litvintseva, L.V. and Ulyanov, S.V. (2005-2007), “Quantum information and quantum computational intelligence: Quantum optimal control and filtering of stability, robustness, and self-organization models in nanotechnologies”, Note del Polo Ricerca, vol. 81-82, University degli Studi di Milano (Polo Didattico e di Ricerca di Crema) Publ., Milan, Italy.
- Nielsen, M.A. and Chuang, L. (2000), Quantum computation and quantum information, Cambridge Univ. Press., UK.
- Ulyanov, S. et al. (2014), Quantum Algorithmic Gates: Information Analysis & Design System in MatLab. LAP Lambert Academic Publ., Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Ulyanov, S. et al. (2014), Design IT of Quantum Algorithmic Gates: Quantum search algorithm simulation in MatLab, LAP Lambert Academic Publ., Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Ulyanov, S. and Litvintseva, L. (2007), Pat. 7,219,087B2.2007 USA, US.
- Koren'kov, V.V., Ul'yanov, S.V., Shevchenko, A.A. and Shevchenko, A.V. (2022). Intellektual'naya kognitivnaya robototekhnika. Chast' 1: Tekhnologii kvantovykh kognitivnykh vychisleniy [Intelligent cognitive robotics. Part 1: Technologies of quantum cognitive computing], Kurs, Moscow, Russia. (in Russian)
- Ulyanov, S.V. (2008), “Self-organization of robust intelligent controller using quantum fuzzy inference”. of IEEE Intern. Conference ISKE’2008 (3rd Intern. Conf. on Intelligent System and Knowledge Engineering), Xiamen, China, vol. 1, pp. 726-732, DOI: 10.1109/ISKE.2008.4731026.
- Divincenzo, D.P. et al. (2004), “Locking classical correlation in quantum states”, Physical Review Letters, vol. 92, no. 6.
- Ulyanov, S.V. (2004), “Quantum soft computing in control processes design: Quantum genetic algorithms and quantum neural network approaches”, WAC (ISSCI’) 2004 (5th Intern. Symp. on Soft Computing for Industry), Seville, Spain, vol. 17, pp. 99of104.
- Ulyanov, S. and Reshetnikov, A. (2014), Quantum Optimizer of Knowledge Base. Intelligent self-organized robust embedded controllers and control systems. LAP Lambert Academic Publ., Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Ulyanov, S.V., Takahashi, K., Litvintseva, L.V. and Hagiwara, T. (2005), “Design of self-organized intelligent control systems based on quantum fuzzy inference: Intelligent system of systems engineering approach”, of IEEE Intern. Conf. SMC’, Hawaii, USA, vol. 4, pp. 3835-3840.
- Lee PL, Chang HC and Hsieh TY (2012), “A brain-wave-actuated small robot car using ensemble empirical mode decomposition-based approach”, IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 1053-1064.
- Charaboti, T. (2017), “Alternative modes interaction in proximal human-in-the-loop operation of robots”, [Online], arXiv:1703.08930v1 [cs.RO], available at: https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.08930 (Accessed September 10, 2022).
- Kane, M.J. (2014), Working Memory, Attention Control, and the N-Back Task: A Question of Construct Validity, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, USA.
- Ulyanov, S. and Reshetnikov, A. (2014). Quantum Optimizer of Knowledge Base. Intelligent self-organized robust embedded controllers and control systems, LAP Lambert Academic Publ., Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Ulyanov, S.V., Reshetnikov, A. G. and Nikolaeva, A.V. (2013), Intelligent Control System in Unforeseen Control Situation: Soft Computing Optimizer, LAP Lambert Academic Publ., Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Chella, A. et al. (2022), “A Quantum Planner for Robot Motion”, Mathematics 2022, 10(14), 2475, https:// doi.org/10.3390/math10142475.
- Mannone, M. and Antonio, V.S. (2022), “Categories. Quantum Computing, and Swarm Robotics: A Case Study”, Mathematics 2022, 10, 372, https://doi.org/10.3390/math 10030372.
- Noor, A. (2015), “Potential of cognitive computing and cognitive systems”, Open Eng, vol. 5, pp. 75-88.
- Ulyanov, S.V., Mamaeva, A.A. and Shevchenko, A.V. (2018), “The cognitive technology of intelligent control: soft computing optimizer and deep machine learning”, Fuzzy Systems and Soft Computing, pp. 166–182, https://doi.org/10.26456/fssc44.