Artem A. Voloshkin
Larisa A. Rybak
Valeria M. Skitova
BSTU named after V.G. Shukhov, Research Laboratory of Robotics and Control Systems, Research Engineer, 46, ul. Kostyukova, Belgorod, 308012, Russia
Anna V. Nozdracheva
PhD in Medical Sciences, BSTU named after V.G. Shukhov, Research Scientist, 46, ul. Kostyukova, Belgorod, 308012, Russia
Elena V. Gaponenko
PhD in Technical Sciences, Associate Professor, BSTU named after V.G. Shukhov, Senior Research Scientist, 46, ul. Kostyukova, Belgorod, 308012, Russia
Received September 8, 2022
The article discusses the design of the Delta robot, which is part of a multirobotic system for aliquoting biological fluid. The purpose of the article is to obtain a dynamic model of the Delta manipulator using 3D modeling, which will allow studying the kinematic and dynamic characteristics of the manipulator for the specified parameters. A computer-aided design (CAD) system is used for modeling. The article presents an analytical calculation of the kinematic and dynamic parameters of the Delta manipulator in the RS structure, a solution to the inverse problem is presented. The process of creating a digital calculation model in the NX Nasrtan system is described. The preliminary calculation of kinematic and dynamic parameters made it possible to set parameters in the NX Nastran system to ensure the rotation of the drive shafts of the engines in accordance with the specified trajectory of the output link. For all parts of the manipulator, the center of mass is determined and the material is assigned. Motion simulation was carried out and dependences of changes in speeds, accelerations and movements of the manipulator links were obtained to implement the required trajectory of the mobile platform. This calculation allows you to build the trajectory of the output link with a given speed, setting the rotation of the drive links of the calculated model taking into account the forces of inertia.
Delta manipulator, spherical joint, drive links, design parameters of Delta, dynamic model of the Delta manipulator, moving platform, parallelogram mechanism, computer-aided design (CAD).
The work was supported by the state task of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation under the grant FZVN-2020-0017.
Voloshkin, A.E. et al. (2023). MCreation of a 3D kinematic model of the Delta manipulator using computer-aided design in NX. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 11(1), pp.20-29.
- Clavel, R. (1990). Device for the movement and positioning of an element in space. Patent no. US 4976582. US.
- Sen, Q., Kunlong, B., Bin, Z. and Ning, W. (2018). Kinematic calibration of a cable-driven parallel robot for 3D printing. Sensors, 18. 2898. DOI: 10.3390/s18092898.
- Biagiotti, L. and Melchiorri, C. (2010). Trajectory Planning for Automatic Machines and Robots. Berlin: Springer, Heidelberg, р.514. DOI: 1007/978-3-540-85629-0.
- López, M., Castillo, E., García, G. and Bashir, A. (2006). Delta robot: inverse, direct, and intermediate Jacobians. In: Inst. Mech. Eng. Part C J. Mech. Eng. Sci., 220(1), pp.103–109. DOI: 10.1243/095440606X78263.
- Zhao, Y. (2013). Singularity, isotropy, and velocity transmission evaluation of a three translational degrees-of-freedom parallel robot. Robotica, 31(2), pp.193–202.
- Tsai, L.W. (1999). Robot Analysis: the Mechanics of Serial and Parallel Manipulators. NY: Wiley, p.520.
- Brinker, J., Corves, B. and Wahle, M. (2015). A comparative study of inverse dynamics based on Clavel’s Delta robot. In: The 14th IFToMM World Congress, Taipei (Taiwan), pp. 89–98.
- Han, K. (2014). Dynamics modeling and control of a delta high-speed parallel robot. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 13, 90-97.
- Williams II, R.L. (2016). The Delta Parallel Robot: Kinematics Solutions, [online]. Available at: ohio.edu/people/williar4/html/pdf/DeltaKin.pdf (Accessed 10 September 2021).
- Khalapyan, S., Rybak, L., Gaponenko, E. and Carbone, G. (2021). Motion Control of 6-DOF Relative Manipulation Device. Mechanism Design for Robotics, pp.217-225.