Andrej V. Kucherenko
Sergej I. Toptalov
Aleksej L. Korotkov
Received October 18, 2022
A technique for evaluating the efficiency of using ultra-wideband pulses (UWB) for signal transmission by digital modems in a closed space is proposed. The studies were carried out for the variant of approximation of the ultra-wideband signal by the Gaussian function. Approximation by a Gaussian monocycle is adopted for the radiated electromagnetic signal. Analytical expressions are given for calculating the width of the spectrum of the signal under study. Taking into account the obtained spectral characteristics, the calculation of the signal energy as a whole and in the given frequency bands was carried out. A comparative quantitative assessment of the energy efficiency of an ultra-wideband signal and a short radio pulse has been carried out.
Digital Modem, ultra-wideband signal, Gaussian pulse, Gaussian monocycle, ultra-wideband signal energy.
The work was carried out within the framework of R&D carried out by the Russian State Scientific Center for Robotics and Technical Cybernetics in the implementation of a comprehensive project to create a high-tech production «Development of a robotic diagnostic complex for in-line inspection of pipelines» with financial support from the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation; subsidy agreement No. 075-11-2022-035.
Kucherenko, A.V., Toptalov, S.I. and Korotkov , A.L. (2022). Study of the possibility of implementing a remote-controlled robotic system in a closed volume of great length. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 10(4), pp.281-286.
- (2022). Revision of Part 15 of the Commission’s Rules Regarding Ultra-Wideband Transmission Systems Before the Federal Communications Commission Washington, D.C. 20554: FIRST REPORT AND ORDER (FCC) № FCC 02-48: [Adopted: February 14, 2002]. Available at: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/FCC-20-48A1.pdf [Accesed 10 October 2022].
- Vagranov, M.E. (1985). Radiolokatsionnyy Otklik Letatel'nykh Apparatov [Radar Response of Aircraft]. Moscow: Radio I svyaz’, p.320. (in Russian).
- Immoreev, I.Ya. (1998). Sverkhshirokopolosnye radary: novye vozmozhnosti, neobychnye problemy, sistemnye osobennosti [Superwide-band radars: new possibilities, unusual problems, system peculiarities]. In: Vestnik MGTU. Seriya Priborostroenie [ Herald of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Series Instrument Engineering], 4(32). (in Russian).
- Zernov, N.V. and Karpov, V.G. (1972). Teoriya Radiotekhnicheskikh Tsepey [Theory of Radio Circuits]. Leningrad: Energiya, p.816. (in Russian).
- Gradshteyn, I.S. and Ryzhik, I.M. (1963). Tablitsy Integralov, Summ, Ryadov i Proizvedeniy [Tables of integrals, sums, series and products]. Moscow: Gosudarstvennoe izdanie fiziko-matematicheskoy literatury., p.100. (in Russian).