Oleg N. Mikhalev
Alexander S. Yanyushkin
Received February 6, 2022.
Computer vision is becoming one of the important areas of automation of various human activities. Technical systems today are endowed with the ability to see, and along with the use of neural networks, they are also endowed with the ability to act intelligently. Thus, they are able to see and make the right decisions and actions faster and more accurately than a person. The article discusses the possibility of using machine vision and object recognition technology for industrial automation, describes a convolutional neural network and an object detection algorithm.
Machine vision, artificial intelligence, convolutional neural network, object recognition, automation.
Mikhalev, O. and Yanyushkin, A., 2022. Machine vision and object recognition using neural networks. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 10(2), pp.113-120.
- Mikhalev, O.N. and Yanyushkin, A.S., 2020. CAD/CAM-system module for the design of automatic production. Industry 4.0, 2, pp.59-62.
- Kron, D. et al., 2020. Glubokoe Obuchenie v Kartinkakh. Vizual'nyy Gid po Iskusstvennomu Intellektu [Deep Learning in Pictures. Visual Guide to Artificial Intelligence]. Saint Petersburg : Piter Publ., p.400. (in Russian).
- Nikolenko, S. Et al., 2018. Glubokoe Obuchenie. Pogruzhenie v Mir Neyronnykh Setey [Deep Learning. Dive into the World of Neural Networks]. Saint Petersburg : Piter Publ., p.480. (in Russian).
- Rashid, T., 2019. Sozdaem Neyronnuyu Set' [Sozdayem Neyronnuyu Set']. Saint Petersburg : Dialektika Publ., p.272. (in Russian).
- Mikhalev, O.N. and Yanyushkin, A.S., 2021. Iskusstvennyy intellekt v avtomatizatsii tekhnologicheskikh protsessov [Artificial intelligence in process automation]. Aktual'nye Problemy v Mashinostroenii [Actual Problems in Mechanical Engineering], 8(1-2), pp.7-13. (in Russian).