Received 4 April 2018
New method of spatial path planning for mobile robots moving in unknown environment with obstacles is proposed. This method is based on using onboard rangefinders data. The feature of the method is a simple algorithm of decision making for obstacle avoidance mode: in vertical plane without correction of reference motion trajectory or sideways with correction of this trajectory. The advantage of this method is smooth planning of smooth trajectory that allows increasing mobile robot speed.
The work is supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (grant 17-57-45055, 16-37-60025), and by the Russian Science Academy presidium program no.29 «Current Problems of Robotics».
Mobile robot, path planning, unknown environment, spatial trajectory, Bezier splines.
Yukhimets, D., Gubankov, A. and Zuev, A. (2018). Method of spatial path planning for mobile robot in unknown environment. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 2(19), pp.46-51.
- Shiltagh, N. and Jalal, L. (2013). Path Planning of Intelligent Mobile Robot Using Modified Genetic Algorithm. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE), 3(2), pp.31-36.
- Sedighi, K. and et al (2004). Autonomous Local Path-Planning for a Mobile Robot Using a Genetic Algorithm. Proc. of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation, 2, pp.1338-1345.
- Ge, S. and Cui, Y. (2002). Dynamic Motion Planning for Mobile Robots Using Potential Field Method. Autonomous Robots, 13(3), pp.207-222.
- Jia-Heng Zhou and Huei-Yung Lin (2011). A Self-Localization and Path Planning Technique for Mobile Robot Navigation. 8th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, pp.694-699.
- Tan, J., Zhao, L., Wang, Y., Zhang, Y. and Li, L. (2016). The 3D Path Planning Based on A* Algorithm and Artificial Potential Field for the Rotary-Wing Flying Robot. 8th International Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics (IHMSC), pp.551-556.
- Ageev, M. and et al. (2005). Avtonomnye podvodnye roboty. Sistemy i tekhnologii [Unmanned underwater vehicles. Systems and technologies]. 1st ed. Moscow: Nauka, p.398. (in Russian).
- Filaretov, V. and Yukhimets, D. (2017). Planning Smooth Paths for Mobile Robots in an Unknown Environment. Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International, 56(4), pp.174-184.
- Filaretov, V. and Yukhimets, D. (2016). Osobennosti sinteza vysokotochnyh sistem upravlenija skorostnym dvizheniem i stabilizaciej podvodnyh apparatov v prostranstve [Specifity of synthesis of high-precision control systems for high-speed motion and stabilization of underwater vehicles in space]. Vladivostok: Dal'nauka Publ., p.400. (in Russian).