Received 20 April 2018
A new robotics teaching methodology based on Arduino platform is proposed. A distinctive feature of the methodology is refusal of robotic constructor sets. This methodology includes studying the basics of electrical engineering, control, algorithmization, C++ programming as well as working in CAD systems for designing of robots and their parts.
The methodology is based on the three-week course, conducted within the framework of the all-Russian summer robotic camp using the RЯBINA robotic kit, and additional program of robotics used in the teaching process at the Cadet Corps (IT school) of the Budyonny Military Academy of Communications.
With support of Foundation for Assistance to Small Innovative Enterprises in Science and Technology. Contract no.146С2/17ГЦМИТ3/36611, 4th September 2017, for extension of grant for involving youth into innovation activities project.
Educational robotics, teaching methodology.
Varlashin, V. and Shmakov, O. (2018). Robotics teaching methods based on Arduino platform in the framework of additional education at general education institutions. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 2(19), pp.16-20.
- Sagritdinova, N. (2012). Fischertechnik – osnovy obrazovatel'noi robototekhniki: uch.-metod. posobie [Principles of Educational Robotics: study guide]. Chelyabinsk, Russia, p.40. (in Russian).
- Nikitina, T. (2014). Obrazovatel'naya robototekhnika kak napravlenie inzhenerno-tekhnicheskogo tvorchestva shkol'nikov: ucheb. posobie [Educational Robotics as Direction of Schoolers' Imagineering: study guide]. Chelyabinsk, Russia: Chelyabinsk State Pedagogical University Publ., p.169. (in Russian).
- Luchik, S. (2013). Rabochaya programma dopolnitel'nogo obrazovaniya «Robototekhnika» [Extended Education Work Program «Robotics»]. Surgut, Russia. (in Russian).
- Mokrushin, S. (2016). Obrazovatel'naya programma dopolnitel'nogo obrazovaniya detei «Obrazovatel'naya robototekhnika» [Educational Program for Extended Education «Educational Robotics»]. Kirov, Russia. (in Russian).
- Zykov, V. and Lapteva, O. (2015). Dopolnitel'naya obshcherazvivayushchaya programma «Pervyi shag v robototekhniku» [Additional Programm for General Development «First Step into Robotics»]. Sayansk, Russia. (in Russian).
- Filippov, S. (2010). Robototekhnika dlya detei i roditelei [Robotics for Children and Parents]. Saint-Petersburg: Nauka Publ., p.195. (in Russian).
- Filippov, S. and Shchelkunova, A. (2018). Uroki robototekhniki. Konstruktsiya. Dvizhenie. Upravlenie [Robotics Lessons. Design. Motion. Control]. 2nd ed. Moscow: Laboratoriya znanii Publ., p.190. (in Russian).
- Yakovleva, N. (2014). Proektnaya deyatel'nost' v obrazovatel'nom uchrezhdenii: ucheb. posobie [Project Activities in Educational Establishment: study guide]. 2nd ed. Moscow: FLINTA Publ., p.144. (in Russian).
- Arduino.cc. (2018). Arduino - Home. [online] Available at: https://www.arduino.cc/ [Accessed 30 Mar. 2018].
- Yurevich, E. (2005). Osnovy robototekhniki [Fundamentals of Robotics]. Saint-Petersburg: BHV Petersburg, p. 416. (in Russian).
- Vylegzhanina, I. (2017). Dovuzovskii period podgotovki budushchikh inzhenerov v usloviyakh dopolnitel'nogo obrazovaniya detei [Precollegiate training period for future engineers in conditions of children's extended education]. Inzhenernoe obrazovanie [Engineering Education], 21, pp.181-185. (in Russian).