Vadim V. Chernyshev
Anton A. Goncharov
Vladimir V. Arykantsev *
Received 14 December 2018
When doing carrying out ground works in the conditions of deficiency of adhesion weight, for example, caused by the weakened gravitation, the walking mover can provide higher traction properties in comparison with wheeled and tracked machines. The paper discusses the method and some results of finite element modeling of the mechanics of contact interaction of support elements (feet) of walking machines with soils with low bearing ability, taking into account their sufficiently large deformations. The contact task for solid feet of different shapes interacting with elastic-plastic support surface is formulated. The inverse formulation of the task was used — the reactions of the soil to the kinematic perturbation, equivalent to the normal load, which create the plastic deformation of the soil and the tangential load, simulating the relative slip of the foot were determined. A two-stage iterative algorithm for solving the considered nonlinear problem in the computational system of finite element analysis ANSYS is implemented. It is shown that at large soil deformations the deficit of adhesion weight can be compensated by a significant increasing of the adhesion coefficient.
Walking robots, planetary rovers, weakened gravity, traction properties, contact interaction, mathematical modeling, soil mechanics.
Research was carried out with financial support of Russian Fundamental Research Fund (projects no. 18-38-00624 and no. 18-41-340010), Administration of Volgograd region and Russian Federation Presidential Scholarship СП-5102.2018.1.
Chernyshev, V., Goncharov, A. and Arykantsev, V. (2019). Modeling of contact interaction mechanics of the walking robots’ support elements at high tractive efforts. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 7(1), pp.53-57.
- Briskin, E. and et al. (2013). Sravnitel'nyi analiz kolesnykh, gusenichnykh i shagayush-chikh mashin [Comparative analysis of wheeled, tracked and walking machines]. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 1(1), pp.6-14. (In Russ.).
- Chernyshev, V. (2004). Polevye issledovaniya shagayushchikh mashin [Field researches of walking vehicles]. Tractors and Agricultural Machinery, 4, pp.20-22. (In Russ.).
- Gus'kov, V. (1988). Traktory. Teoriya [Tractors. Theory]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie Publ., p.376. (In Russ.).
- Arykantsev, V. and Chernyshev, V. (2015). Subsea investigations of traction properties and passability of walking unit МАК-1. Izvestiya SFedU. Engineering Sciences, 10, pp.169-178. (In Russ.).
- Chernyshev, V., Arykantsev, V. and et al. (2016). Design and underwater tests of subsea walking hexapod MAK-1. In: Proceedings of the ASME 2016 35th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering OMAE2016. p.9.
- Kemurdzhian, A. (1993). Planetokhody [Planetary Rovers]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie Publ., p.400. (In Russ.).
- Chernyshev, V. and Arykantsev, V. (2015). MAK-1 – underwater walking vehicle. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 2(7), pp.45-50. (In Russ.).
- Godzhaev, Z., Rusanov, A. and Revenko, V. (2017). The method of constructing the diagrams of tangential stresses in the contact zone of an axle wheel with soil. Tractors and Agricultural Machinery, 5, pp.39-47. (In Russ.).
- Chernyshev, V. and Arykantsev, V. (2015). Simulating interaction of the foot of legged locomotion mover with water-saturated grounds. Nauchnyy Zhurnal Rossiyskogo NII Problem Melioratsii [Scientific Journal of Russian Scientific Research Institute of Land Improvement Problems], 4, pp.21-38. (In Russ.).
- Chernyshev, V., Goncharov, A. and Arykantsev, V. (2017). Modeling of vibroimpact processes which occurs in feet changing of the walking units at viscoelastic grounds. Procedia Engineering, 176, pp.387-393.