Victor A. Leontev
Received 11 February 2019
The article presents the new type of solid-state lumped parameters models (LPM) for long flexure links of manipulators. The sequential method of discretization of distributed flexural elasticity, taking into account the correct mapping of small deflections and rotation angles of the end of Euler-Bernoulli beam under the action of various types of static loads, leads to universal quadrature formulas for representing the definite integrals. In the framework of this approach, effective «quadrature» LPM models (Q-LPM) based on Gauss quadrature formulas (G2 and G3 models), as well as a special quadrature Q6 model with an improved representation of six natural frequencies of the cantilever beam, are obtained. These models can serve as specific rigid finite elements for computer simulation of statics and dynamics of multi-link chains and long flexible links of various robotic and mechanical structures.
Simulation of distributed flexibility, discretization of Euler-Bernoulli beam, lumped parameter models, Gauss quadrature, dynamics of flexible systems, rigid finite elements.
Leontev, V. (2019). Quadrature lumped parameter models for long flexible links of manipulators. Part I. Design of the models. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 7(1), pp.34-45.
- Bathe, K. (1996). Finite element procedure in engineering analysis. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall Inc.
- Hughes, T. (2000). The Finite Element Method: Linear Static and Dynamic Finite Element Analysis. New York: Dover Publications Inc.
- Sunada, W. and Dubowsky, S. (1983). On the dynamic analysis and behavior of industrial robotic manipulators with elastic members. Journal of Mechanisms, Transmissions, and Automation in Design, 105, pp.42–51.
- Simo, J. and Vu-Quoc, L. (1986). On the dynamics of flexible beams under large overall motions. The plane case: Part I. Journal of Applied Mechanics, 53, pp.849–854.
- Chang, L. and Hamilton, J. (1991). Dynamics of robotic manipulators with flexible links. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 113, pp.54–59.
- Chedmail, P., Aoustin, Y. and Chevallereau, C. (1991). Modelling and control of flexible robots. Int. Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 32, pp.1595–1619.
- Rubinstein, D., Galili, N. and Libai, A. (1996). Direct and inverse dynamics of a very ﬂexible beam. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 131, pp.241–261.
- Farid, M. and Lukasiewicz, S. (2000). Dynamic modeling of spatial manipulators with ﬂexible links and joints. Computers and Structures, 75, pp.419–437.
- Theodore, R. and Ghosal, A. (1995). Comparison of the assumed modes and finite element models for flexible multilink manipulators. The International Journal of Robotics Research, 14(2), pp.91–111.
- Shabana, A., Hussien, H. and Escalona, J. (1998). Application of the absolute nodal coordinate formulation to large rotation and large deformation problems. Journal of Mechanical Design, 120, pp.188–195.
- Shabana, A. and Yakoub, R. (2001). Three dimensional absolute nodal coordinate formulation for beam elements: Theory. Journal of Mechanical Design, 123, pp.606–613.
- Schwab, A. and Meijaard, J. (2005). Comparison of three-dimensional flexible beam ele-ments for dynamic analysis: Finite element method and absolute nodal coordinate formulation. In: Proceedings of IDETC/CIE 2005, ASME 2005 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference.
- Meier, C., Popp, A. and Wall, W. (2014). An objective 3D large deformation ﬁnite element formulation for geometrically exact curved Kirchhoﬀ rods. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 278, pp.445–478.
- Chen, W. (2001). Dynamic modeling of multi-link ﬂexible robotic manipulators. Computers and Structures, 79, pp.183–195.
- Bascetta, L. and Rocco, P. (2002). Modelling flexible manipulators with motors at the joints. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems, 8(2), pp.157–183.
- Dwivedy, S. and Eberhard, P. (2006). Dynamic analysis of ﬂexible manipulators, a literature review. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 41, pp.749–777.
- Huang, Y. and Lee, C. (1988). Generalization of Newton-Euler formulation of dynamic equations to nonrigid manipulators. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 110, pp.308–315.
- Huston, R. (1991). Computer methods in flexible multibody dynamics. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 32, pp.1657–1668.
- Haering, W. (2003). Non-linear constraints and stiﬀness representations in simple flexible-body dynamic beam formulations. Journal of Vibration and Control, 9, pp.911–929.
- Zhu, G., Ge, S. and Lee, T. (1999). Simulation studies of tip tracking control of a single-link ﬂexible robot based on a lumped model. Robotica, 17, pp.71–78.
- Banerjee, A. (1993). Dynamics and control of the WISP shuttle-antennae system. Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, 41, pp.73–90.
- Banerjee, A. and Nagarajan, S. (1997). Eﬃcient simulation of large overall motion of beams undergoing large deﬂection. Multibody System Dynamics, 1, pp.113–126.
- Wittbrodt, E., Adamiec-Wуjcik, I. and Wojciech, S. (2006). Dynamics of ﬂexible Multibody Systems. The Rigid Fnite Element Method. Berlin: Springer.
- Wittbrodt, E., Szczotka, M., Maczyn'ski, A. and Wojciech, S. (2013). Rigid Finite Element Method in Analysis of Dynamics of Oﬀshore Structures. Berlin: Springer.
- Leontyev, V. (2008). Quadrature approach to synthesis of lumped-stiﬀness models of ﬂexible beams. In: 2nd International Conference on Advanced Computational Engineering and Experimenting (ACE-X 2008). ACE-X abstract book, p.133.
- Abramovitts, M. and Stigan, I. (1979). Spravochnik po Spetsial'nym Funktsiyam [Special Functions Reference]. Moscow: Nauka Publ., p.832. (In Russ.).
- Korn, G. and Korn, T. (1974). Spravochnik po matematike dlya nauchnykh rabotnikov i inzhenerov [Reference on Mathematics for Scientiests and Engineers]. Moscow: Nauka Publ., p.832. (In Russ.).