Received 20 October 2017.
The paper considers the control problem for the group of ground mobile robots moving in formation. The hybrid method of formation control is described. The method is based on the use of position, speed and trajectory data of the leading robot. The paper contains the description of computer simulation experiments of the mobile robot for-mation control in accordance to considered hybrid method as well as the results of these experiments.
Mobile robot, group control, formation movement, multi-agent system, computer simulation.
Volosatova, T., Kozov, A. and Ryzhova, T. (2017). Investigation of hybrid method for ground robots formation control. Robotics and Technical Cybernetics, 4(17), pp.52-56.
- Kaliaev, I. and Kapustjan, S. (2009). Problems of Group Control by Robots. Mekhatronika, Avtomatizatsiya, Upravlenie - Mechatronics, Automation, Control, 6, pp.33-40.
- Mariottini, G. and et al. (2005). Vision-based Localization of Leader-Follower Formations. In: Decision and Control, 2005 and 2005 European Control Conference. CDC-ECC'05. 44th IEEE Conference on. IEEE.
- Das, A. and et al. (2005). A vision-based formation control framework. IEEE transactions on robotics and automation, 18(5), pp.813-825.
- Ng, K. and Trivedi, M. (1998). A neuro-fuzzy controller for mobile robot navigation and multirobot convoying. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B (Cybernetics), 28(6), pp.829-840.
- Volosatova, T. and et al. (2017). Prakticheskoe reshenie zadachi dvizhenija gruppy robotov stroem [Practical problem solution for robot group motion in formation]. In: Sovremennoe mashinostroenie: Nauka i obrazovanie: materialy 6-j mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf [Proceedings of 6th International Science and Practical Conference on Advanced Engineering - Science and Education]. pp.414-426.
- Zenkevich, S. and Nazarova, A. (2006). Sistema upravlenija mobil'nogo kolesnogo robota [Control system for wheeled robot]. Herald of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Series Instrument Engineering, 3, pp.31-51.
- Barfoot, T. and Clark, C. (2004). Motion planning for formations of mobile robots. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 46(2), pp.65-78.
- Desai, J., Ostrowski, J. and Kumar, V. (1998). Controlling formations of multiple mobile robots. Robotics and Automation, Proceedings. IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 4, pp.2864-2869.
- Lewis, M. and Tan, K. (1997). High Precision Formation Control of Mobile Robots Using Virtual Structures. Autonomous robots, 4(4), pp.387-403.
- Morozova, N. (2015). Virtual'nye formacii i virtual'nye lidery v zadache o dvizhenii stroem gruppy robotov [Virtual formations and virtual leaders in task of robot group's motion in formation]. Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Applied Mathematics. Computer Science. Control Processes, 1, pp.135-149.